Second week of no school … no work … it has been busy nonetheless and all of our schedules are so off.
Therefore, I am writing another week long summary…starting tomorrow it is back to our regular scheduled programming … which means a walk a day, a post a day … pinky promise.
This week has been amazing though …visiting friends, getting stuff done for classes, overnight trips to Hot Springs, and ringing in the New Year with my Love and other important people in my life … and being away from the grinding block of work this week as reminded of a few things:
- It is not my identity
- A career is nice but it is not everything
- If it matters this little to me now, it probably always will; so I shouldn’t invest so much thought and worry in to it
Here’s what I do know after this week:
I love my life. I love the people in it. I love the experiences I have. I love who I am. I love my little family. I am one happy individual.
Damn … it’s a good place to be.
The piece that fell together for me today is, if I feel this way about myself and my life NOW, I will probably feel this way down the road. I try so hard to plan my future. By nature, I am a planner, a list maker, a doer above all else. But I would have never dreamed, more-or-less planned that my life would look this way right now and I LOVE it. I haven’t enjoyed every part of the journey or been comfortable with myself every step of the way. But I have learned to flow, adapt, re-evaluate, and begin again. I have learned that life is not stagnant or rigid and the more I can embrace it and be flexible, the more I get from it.
So I have resolved not to resolve this New Year’s. Because let’s face it, resolutions are too rigid and nobody can hold themselves to their own standards anyway. I have intentioned some experiences I would like to have this year, though, and recognize in order to do so I will need to make decisions to move forward in those areas:
- I want to run a half-marathon this year…this is not entirely true…because I have a love/hate relationship with running…but I want the experience of crossing that finish line…of knowing I did something I did know for sure I could accomplish…and I like the structure of training and want to buy a cool 13.1 sticker…so there is the real story…
- I want to finish this project strong while adding more to our blog…this is a creative outlet for me…I am a better person when I am being purposeful in my analysis of self…plus I sometimes lose interest in things and I want to feel that feeling on day 365 that I actually finished this project!
- I want to experience premium health through nutrition. I am a big believer in the power of food to give life to our bodies. I want to plant more, grow more, cook more, Farmer’s market more, read more, can more, and eat more this year. Because who doesn’t want to eat more…
And these are a few of my “goals” for 2015. I am never short on dreams or desires for a new experience so I am sure others will come up as the year progresses.
But for me, gentle readers, this is what it all boils down to: I love my life because I am free to seek out the experiences I desire … if my desire changes, my experience changes … and that’s okay, because I can flow like that.
Where do you want your life to flow this year?